Use the Blog Archive section in the right sidebar to navigate the posts, if you need to catch up or read a post that was posted out of order, because we don't always receive the letters in order. ;-)

Thursday, August 6, 2009

this is too much fun....

8-6
Been busy with preparations for Initial Drill, so I haven't been writing much obviously.
Got IT'd* for no particular reason as far as I can tell. We were in a school circle listening to SSgt Zamora make a few changes to rifle drill manual and I'm standing at the POA* on the outside of the circle and SSgt Boswell stops behind me and quietly whispers "eyeballs". Not sure if he is talking to me or not, I don't move. He repeats himself two more times, so I turn my head and say "click". He says "go get some IT you", so I respond "aye, aye sir" and take off. Now as far as I know, there was no reason for it; but, oh well, it was still fun!!
9 weeks left!!! Can't wait!
I'm thinking that 2nd phase will be fun 'cause it will mostly be grunt stuff.
Looking forward to swim week and most definitely 3rd phase and Marine Week!!
I think whatever sickness I've got is starting to go away because I'm coughing less and breathing better.
Chow is still good. Drill is fun when we do it right and other than the SDI* inspection tomorrow and Initial Drill, there ain't too much to worry about.
Our drill seems to be better than it was, we just need to get rid of the id 10 t's*.
Got my military ID yesterday, not that I'll get to use it for a while.
Flat Bob*, so far, has gone everywhere except the shower. It even went on a PT* session in my shoe and it even escaped SSgt SanSoucies "pat down" for an IT session!!! So, I think I can get away with taking him almost everywhere!! So, thanks Joshie!! and mommy
PS - I never thought 75 degrees could feel cold

* IT - Incentive Training - physical exercise used as a punishment to instill motivation
* position of attention
* SDI - Senior Drill Instructor
* id 10 t - idiot
* Flat Bob - A 4" camo guy drawn by Joshua and laminated, sent to accompany Caleb in his adventures as a Marine
* PT - Physical Training

No comments:

Post a Comment