Use the Blog Archive section in the right sidebar to navigate the posts, if you need to catch up or read a post that was posted out of order, because we don't always receive the letters in order. ;-)

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

a REAL letter... and it's 3 pages long!!!

7-15
Well! What a three days it has been.
First off there was a whole lot less yelling than I thought. But we are in for that on Friday (which should be last week to you) when we get picked up by our training platoon, 'cause our receiving platoon seems to be the shabbiest out of all of them.
We have just under 130 recruits in our platoon. About 40 of which will be chopped to another platoon. Our receiving DI* is SSgt Hlodan. He's pretty good to go, just likes his dirty language. I actually got all my utes* in small long!! But my PT* shorts are large, but luckily they still fit.
First day was partial uniform issue. Second day, which kinda blended in to the first day, was more paperwork, rest of uniform issue, visited medical for eyes and blood. I and a few others got ears the next day, hit the dentist for x-rays, third day has been medical again for shots, which weren't too bad and got our running shoes !!!! Yay!!! Turned in our civilian gear.
Worst thing so far has been all the standing then sitting for long periods.
Tuesday night right after lights out, somebody fell out of their rack and hit headfirst. They took him to medical. I can only assume he will get dropped, but I'm quite sure he's gonna to be fine!
Meals are fast! It's just shovel as fast as possible!! Otherwise, it's all been pretty fun.

* utility uniform - their digital camouflage uniform
* DI - Drill Instructor
* PT - Physical Training

7-22
OK... now that I have a slight clue what the heck we are doing!!! the chow is purty darn good!! and now we have time to eat!
Our platoon has 88 recruits. SDI* is GySgt Booker, DIs are SSgts Zamora and Boswell. More about them later.
Drill is coming along semi-well! We have our rifles!!
Well, lots to memorize
Almost time for bed.
PS - I like the church. It's very Christ centered surprisingly!!!

* SDI - Senior Drill Instructor

7-23
Church is kinda short-ish. Just a couple songs in the beginning, a 20 min sermon or so, then a last song. But then we go to a different building and do something else for 30-40 min.
Drill is coming along well. I'm very glad I did drill team now!! Biggest changes are the knees come up higher when marching and I have to get used to the new rifle.
Haven't personally, by myself, gotten a thorough screaming at!! But time will tell.
I built a calendar in the back of my knowledge and have a countdown and everything!!! I wouldn't mind if you sent/smuggled me a syllabus. Shhh...
See you all in less than 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment